Welcome to The Tax Wiki!
These pages are a work in progress, an online encyclopedia about U.S. tax procedures, problems, questions and answers, discussion and solutions. This is a Wiki. That means you can edit and add content. Our topics deal with taxes. Income taxes. Property taxes. Payroll Taxes. Whatever is on our mind. There is a page for each topic. And for each one, its own discussion area to kick around needed edits and updates to the topic at hand. With your help, these pages can be filled with interesting and useful information that can be helpful to others. We'll be adding material and topics as time permits. You're invited to contribute as well. For information on how, please see the Wiki Sandbox, for a password, and then browse through the Wiki Recent Changes, Basic Editing and Documentation Index pages. There are also a few closed pages here on a variety of topics. If you would like to contribute material for these pages, please send it to us at thetaxwiki [snail] gmail [period] com.
- Form 1040 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 1065 U.S. Return of Partnership Income
- Tax Deductions and tax credits, a plenty!
- Form 1120 U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return
- Form 1120S U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation
- Form 1041 and Form 5227 for Trusts and Estates
- Form 990 and Form 990-PF and 990-T for Exempt Organizations
Wiki Recent Changes
To help build a Wiki community, please enter a handle (but do not use your real name) in the Author box and a very brief Summary when posting. We do not use real names on the wiki because no telling when the IRS or other taxing authority might visit!
Some Posting Guidelines: Contributors may post to the many open pages, and in the [Discuss this page], Talk areas. When posting in the Talk areas, please also include a signature (e.g., "Added by Handle, 7/23/21") at the end of your post. Use a single paragraph so as to clearly associate the post with the signature. Use the [Preview] button to proof-read your message before pressing [Save]. Or practice in the Wiki Sandbox.
Continuation: To add to an existing paragraph, add a (space\\) to the end of the last line of the existing item and (+space) on the next line followed by your new added text. If posting a continuation in the Talk areas, remember to include your signature.
- Profiles.Admin . . . November 19, 2021, at 01:55 AM by Admin:
- Profiles.FIsher21 . . . November 19, 2021, at 01:53 AM by Admin: Welcome!
- Form1040.2020TaxYear . . . May 14, 2021, at 11:56 PM by FIsher21: update efile 2021 deadline dates
- LLCs.LLCs . . . March 30, 2021, at 10:22 AM by FIsher21: LLC managers
- Main.HomePage . . . March 17, 2021, at 11:53 PM by Admin: American Rescue Plan
- Form1040.E-File . . . January 16, 2021, at 01:30 AM by FIsher21: update efile 2021 start dates
- Employee.Tax-freeEmployeeGifts . . . January 03, 2021, at 12:37 PM by FIsher21: updated for the Dec 2020 Fed Coronavirus Stim Pkg
- Main.WikiSandbox . . . December 05, 2020, at 12:15 AM by Admin:
- California.California . . . December 05, 2020, at 12:14 AM by Admin:
- NewYork.NewYork . . . December 05, 2020, at 12:11 AM by Admin:
- Form1040.Form1040 . . . December 04, 2020, at 08:51 PM by FIsher21:
- Employee.Reimbursements . . . December 02, 2020, at 03:38 PM by Admin:
- Form1120S.IRA-401k-Retirement . . . December 01, 2020, at 01:50 PM by Admin:
- Form1040.GigEconomy . . . November 30, 2020, at 07:22 PM by Admin:
- TaxDeductions.QA . . . November 29, 2020, at 01:16 AM by Admin:
- TaxDeductions.ItemizedDeductions . . . November 28, 2020, at 11:01 PM by Admin:
- TaxDeductions.MortgageInterest . . . November 28, 2020, at 12:49 AM by Admin:
- LPsLLPsPCs.LPsLLPsPCs . . . November 27, 2020, at 12:46 PM by Admin:
- Sole-Proprietorships.Sole-Proprietorships . . . November 27, 2020, at 12:11 PM by Admin:
- Form1120S.Form1120S . . . November 27, 2020, at 12:02 PM by Admin:
YOU ARE USING THIS WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE AND DO NOT ENDORSE IT. VARIOUS FOLKS AND UNAFFILIATED USERS OF THIS WIKI CONTRIBUTE AND EDIT CONTENT THAT THEY THINK IS OF INTEREST TO THE COMMUNITY. THE INFORMATION ON THIS WIKI (AND ON THE RELATED LINKS FOUND ELSEWHERE ON THIS WIKI) ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NOTHING ON THIS WIKI OR THOSE LINKED WEBSITES SHOULD BE TAKEN AS LEGAL ADVICE AND/OR TAX ADVICE BY ANYONE, INCLUDING ANY INDIVIDUAL MATTER OR SITUATION. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO CREATE, AND RECEIPT OR VIEWING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE, AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.