Form 1065

Every domestic partnership must file Form 1065, unless it neither receives income nor incurs any expenditures treated as deductions or credits for federal income tax purposes for the year. Entities formed as LLCs that are classified as partnerships for federal income tax purposes have the same filing requirements as domestic partnerships.

A foreign partnership that has gross income effectively connected with the conduct of a trade or business within the United States or has gross income derived from sources in the United States must file Form 1065, even if its principal place of business is outside the United States or all its members are foreign persons. A foreign partnership required to file a return must generally report all of its foreign and U.S. source income.

Pages in the Form 1065 topic group

Create new page: